Sunday 18 August 2013

Sooooooo.......onto Bad Witch.
This doll blew me away when I first saw her.  I'd asked Joy to make an ugly witch for me, and just look at her . . . . 
Fanblinkingtastic!!!
I knew I had to decorate the house to suit her, so I had my work cut out.



 This time I started in her upstairs workspace . . . . a spider stripe wallpaper, with grey walls.
Plenty of ageing again, after all her workspace wouldn't really be clean . . .

I wanted downstairs to follow a dark theme.  For the bedroom I chose a classic witchy colour - purple.
The kitchen kept me stumped for a while.  I couldn't decide what colour.  Then I came across a fantastic piece of scrapbooking paper that was perfect for the side walls and I matched the colour to paint the back wall . . . . . 
Now it was on to the furniture . . . . . 
Here I should mention that this cottage is NOT rat friendly.  This cottage has goblins galore, and the only rats you'll find are of the deceased variety.  This is where I owe a BIG thank you to Georgia Marfels (look her up on Etsy.com).  Georgia makes the most fabulous rats and goblins and I've certainly kept her busy lately.

The Workbench
Again, I needed lots of jars for this house.  Some I made myself, others (lots of them) I bought off Jenny Kelm (http://www.kastlekelm.webs.com/)

The poor rat here has committed suicide.  He didn't want to end up like his friends below . . . 
The mouldy pumpkins were cleverly made by Eve of Afterdarkafterall on Etsy . . check her shop out!
Mattress and fantastic bedding made by SuperMum xxxx

More Jars
Then came the fun bit of putting it all together . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Your witch is amazing, but be careful, Joy's dolls are addictive. I know from experience :)
    Your cottage is wonderful, I love how you altered the decor to suit your theme and you are filling it up wonderfully.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia x
      Unfortunately , it's too late for me! I am already an Adora-bella Minis Addict!!!!

      Delete